About Stephen & Katrina Skinner... 

In 1957 Sacred Melody opened on Salina Street.  The owners, Charlotte and Wesley Skinner started out selling Bibles, books, and records. At a bus stop nearby, people could hear music coming from the store.  Charlotte and Wes's dream was to have a gathering place for the Christian community. They purchased the current plaza where Sacred Melody is now located. Soon they opened a bowling alley and put a Noah's ark in the store.  Today, there are still people asking where the ark is.  The Skinner's son John took over the store shortly after his parents purchased the plaza. John Skinner's son Stephen started working at the store when he was just 10 and became manager when he was 20. In 1999, Stephen and Katrina were married and came back to work in the store as it was on the verge of bankruptcy.

In order to cut costs, Stephen moved the store from the anchor space in the plaza to its current location. He built and recruited Cafe Kubal to open next door.  Stephen began other companies to support his growing family.  As Stephen's other businesses began to take more and more time, Katrina took over the management of Sacred Melody.  Both Katrina and Stephen's mission for the store has been to have a gathering place for locals and Christians that is inspiring, welcoming, and connecting.